[EVA] What does Rei's "poka poka" line mean?

Codename V revolutionofevangelion_dot_org at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 10:32:19 EDT 2010

I've heard it loosely translated as "warm and fuzzy" -- as I've gathered, the
point is that she's using a very childish, vague description for "love"....as,
basically, a child with no concept of romantic love emotions would describe this
new alien concept, from a point of naivety/innocence.  But what's the literal
meaning?  What's the full significance of the choice of words "poka poka" for
how Rei feels about Shinji?   The June issue of Newtype even used "She said poka
poka!" as a header in an article about Rei.