[EVA][SPOILER] Girlfriend of Steel ending trans.

Asuka Langley asuka_langley at geocities.com
Sat Jul 11 03:08:51 EDT 1998

##########    WARNING : _MAJOR_ SPOILER AHEAD    ##########
#
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#  SPOILER SPACE
#
#

That should be enough...

I forgot who it was... but someone few days ago asked a question about the
Girlfriend of Steel's endings. I'm still trying to get a copy of this game
(Mac version is harder to find here than Elvis on a flying pink elephant.
;_;), so I haven't played the game myself, but my friend had a script handy,
so I decided to translate it for the list (and for my webpage... ^_^).

This is a rough translation, and it still needs more work. A thing to note is
that most translations are literal, but I did make some exceptions where I
couldn't find a word for it in English. Also, since I didn't have any visual
with the script, I had to make some guesses as to what's going on. If you sopt
any errors, please e-mail me.

I would appreciate it if people would refrain themselves from making this
public just yet. It still need more work, and I don't like releasing
unfinished work out in open public...

Otherwise, enjoy!!!

Shinseiki Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel Ending translation

Version 0.1 By Asuka Langley (AKA H. Lee)

There are three known endings in Girlfriend of Steel, which is determined by
which one to three choices you pick in a menu near the end of the game, which
says the following when transalated:

|| Ending 1. "I am a bit concerned about Asuka..."          ||
|| Ending 2. "Kirishima Mana might be waiting..."           ||
|| Ending 3. "Maybe I should talk it over with Kaji-san..." ||

|| Ending 1. : "I am a bit concerned about Asuka..."        ||

Shinji : Well, I guess I should think about Asuka, too.. I don't care if she
thinks i am a jerk.

Shinji : Although it's a bit harsh to forget about all the misfortunes Mana
went through, she choose that Pilot boy, she wasn't thinking of me...  Let's
just forget about her.

Shinji : It's hard to throw away a picture with another person in it.

Asuka : What are you looking at?

Shinji : Asuka!

Asuka : Hmmm... Shinji, a man depleted of love at age 14...

Shinji : I am going to throw this picture away.

Asuka : If you throw stuff away from the roof, the teacher will scold you.
Isn't it better to burn it?

Shinji : Do you have any match or lighter with you?

Asuka : What an insult. I don't smoke.

Shinji : Mana loved the lake. Let's burn it at the Ashino lake.

Asuka : It's totally empty... Feels like a rental bus.

Shinji : Don't you hate me?

Asuka : You are throwing that away because I came?

Shinji : I want to totally forget about her...

Asuka : It's better to forget about the past.

Shinji : You make it sound so simple.

Asuka : I don't feel so sorry about Kirishima. Even though Eva was the cause
of the whole thing, I don't think it was my fault. My heart is a bit cold like that...

Shinji : Mana is disappearing...

Asuka : What about the pendent?

Shinji : Huh...?

Asuka : That doesn't burn, so should we sink it in the lake?

Shinji : This is kind of like a relic, so we should probably send it to her faamily..

Asuka : You don't even know her address.

Shinji : But throwing it away is...

Asuka : We're not throwing it away, we're sinking it. Are you really resolved
about this? Do you REALLY want to forget about her? You're helpless... I'm
going back.

Shinji : Wait! This is expensive and a relic, so it musst be returned to her
family... It's also something important...

Asuka : Bye.

Shinji : She doesn't know anything...

Shinji : We still have an hour left before the next bus.

Asuka : Are you saying that I should waslk back?

Shinji : Why... are you angry? If you don't like the pendent, it doens't
matter to me if we throw it away.

Asuka : It's too late now.

Shinji : Here, I threw it away.

Asuka : Pick it up.

Shinji : Why?

Asuka : I said pick it up!

Shinji : One momney she tells me to throw it away and the next moment, she
tells me to pick it up... Here, I did it.

Asuka : ...

Shinji : You're getting all wet. You shjould avoid rain.

Asuka : No.

Shinji : It's okay.

Shinji : What's wrong?

Asuka : I am keeping myself warm so I won't catch cold.

Shinji : It'll dry soon...

Asuka : Please be quiet.

Asuka : A pirate ship on this lake will never cross the raging sea.

Shinji : Do you feel sorry for the boat?

Asuka : I think it serves it right.

Shinji : Shall we go back?

Asuka : Yeah.

|| Ending 2 : "Kirishima Mana might be waiting..."          ||

Shinji : It's useless to keep worrying about Mana... I've been looking for her
in the mountains so this time I should try the ocean...

Shinji :I haven't been on this train before... It's kind of exciting. A
scenery I haven't seen before, Station names I haven't heard before, it's also
my first time eating noodle standing up... In an express train, everyone looks
like a traveller.

Man : You're Ikari Shinji?

Shinji : ... You have a wrong person.

Man : I am from NERV Headquarters

Shinji : I don't know what you're talking about... So...

Man : WAIT!

Shinji : Excuse me.

Fisherman : What is it, kid?

Shinji : Are you a fisherman?

Fisherman : Yeah. What are you, a fisherman-to-be? Men of the sea has no need
for helpers...

Shinji : No. Well, that is... You catch fish with a net, right?

Fisherman : What? If you have something to ask, just come put and say it

Shinji : Um... Did any capsule get caught in your net?

Fisherman : Oh, you mean the one with the girl in it...

Shinji : You found it?

Fisherman : I thought it was a bomb at first, but when I opened it, there was
a girl inside... She's at that hospital over that way.

Shinji : Mana...

Mana : Shinji!

Shinji : I wanted to see you...

Mana : You came for me... Thanks.

Shinji : What about him?

Mana : He didn't make it...

Shinji : Mana, get a hold of yourself.

Mana : Shinji, you shouldn't stay here... Dangerous people will be here soon.

Shinji : Mana, let's run away!

Mana : I'll only be a bother

Shinji : I want to help you, Mana.

Mana : Shinji...

Shinji : I want to help Mana.

Misato : So she was alive.

Shinji : I brought her over from the hospital.

Misato : You're pretty good. Bring her home, I'll help you out.

Shinji : Keep it as a secret from dad.

Misato : Of course.

Shinji : noone's here yet.

Mana : Shinji, can I take a shower?

Shinji : Huh? Yeahm sure.

Mana : Does this drier work well?

Shinji : You want to wash your clothes?

Mana : They're all dirty... I want to wash them.

Shinji : Okay.

Mana : Can you lend me your towel?

Shinji : Wait a sec...

Mana : Don't look this way.

Shinji : Uh, yeah.

Mana : I can't figure out how to work this washing machine.

Shinji : Just put it in there, I'll take care of it.

Mana : They're dirty, so don't look at them.

Shinji : I won't.

Mana : Really?

Shinji : Really. I won't.

Mana : Ta da---.

Shinji : ...How was the shower?

Mana : It makes you feel good to be alive.

Shinji : Your look better.

Mana : Yeah... Being in hot water helped.

Shinji : That towel... It's about to fall off.

Mana : You want to see?

Shinji : Wha...

Mana : Heh. heh. heh. heh...

Shinji : ... Um.. It's a good thing that you weren't injured.

Mana : You wanna make sure of that?

Asuka : You survived that explosion? THAT is a miracle...

Mana : Sorry about being such a bother to everyone.

Misato : The fact that Miss Kirishima is staying here is a total secret. So
everyone, don't say a word to anyone else about this.

Shinji : I was thinking of talking over what to do from now on with Kaji-san.

Misato : With HIM?

Shinji : I thought he'd be on our side...

Asuka : What? You make it sound like he isn't.

Misato : Well, you look like you've got nothing to do, Kaji-kun. It's okay, right?

Kaji : It's not that I have nothing to do, but I was a bit bored.

Asuka : Kaji-san!

Kaji : Technically, escaping from the hospital is going to be a problem...

Shinji : If we didn't escape, she might have been killed.

Kaji : From their point of view, you might look like an assasin.

Shinji : So what should I do if I want to help Mana?

Kaji : Killing Kirishima Mana.

Asuka : All right, Kaji-san! I'm so impressed...

Misato : Stop kidding around

Shinji : What do you mean, kill her...

Kaji : She change her name and live as another person. We erase the name
Kirishima Mana from the Army's list of names and Japanese government's census
register. They'are all in computer, so it takes less than a second.

Mana : What about my father and mother?

Kaji : I'm sorry, but they'll have to be a stranger from now on. This is the
only way to stay alive.

Shinji : So she can live?

Kaji : But this will be the last time you'll get to see her. A dead person
can't be roaming around in this city, now can they?

Mana : Shinji...

Shinji : ...

Mana : A far away towm that nobody knows...

Shinji : Japan's placenames are all on the map.

Mana : I'll be living alone, you know.

Shinji : ...

Mana : I felt much better after I cried in the hospital.

Shinji : Um... Because of that kid?

Mana : ...Maybe.

Shinji : Mana.

Mana : Hmm?

Shinji : You're not the only person who's alone.

Mana : Shinji...

Shinji : Being alone isn't that bad, and because I was alone, I was able to
meet you. Good things will happen.

Mana : Thank you, Shinji.

Mana : Take care.

Shinji : ...

|| Ending 3. "Maybe I should talk it over with Kaji-san..." ||

Shinji : Yeah. Kaji-san will be able to tell me what happened to Mana. I have
to resolve everything. So that I won't have to depend on others...

Kaji : Hello? Kaji speaking.

Shinji : ...

Kaji : Hello? Is that you, Katsuragi?

Shinji : It's Ikari. I'm sorry.

Kaji : Oh, it's Shinji-kun. What is it? Something on your mind?

Shinji : Kaji-san... It's all over for me.

Shinji : ...

Kaji : Shinji-kun.

Shinji : I'm sorry for calling you up out of the blue like this...

Kaji : It's okay. I was free, anyyway. I wanted to come to school at some
point. It's lovely... Wish I can do it again.

Shinji : Studying is not that fun.

Kaji : With all those friends, you couldn't possibly be bored?

Shinji : I'm always alone. I don't have anything to do, either...

Kaji : Okay, I'll hear you out. Tell me what's on your mind.

Shinji : It's about Kirishima.

Kaji : About her...

Shinji : I want to resolve myself, and also learn to accept her fate. I think
I can let it go if I hear what happened to her from you.

Kaji : Is that so... WHat do you want to do, Shinji-kun?

Shinji : No...

Kaji : She was alive.

Shinji : Really?

Kaji : A fishboat found the survival capsule. Only few people know about this.
She's to live another life in another city.

Shinji : Can I meet her?

Kaji : You want to meet her?

Shinji : Yes... I want to see her.

Kaji : You only have one shot at this... Can you leave early?

Shinji : Yeah, I'll do it.

Kaji : This is a secret to everyone.

Shinji : Teacher, I need to leave early.

Teacher : Oh, is that so? You're working so hard to keep the world peace...
What are you doing today?

Shinji : It's a rescue mission.

Teacher : Really. A human life is a noble thing. Okay, you're excused.

Shinji : Yes, sir.

Shinji : It was a bit hard... He is such a nice teacher, too.

Kaji  : You think there's anything more important than meeting the person you love?

Shinji : A lie is a lie.

Kaji : You have a kind soul... You're a good man.

Asuka : Baka Shinji!

Shinji : Asuka!

Asuka : If you meet that girl, our relationship is OVER!

[Note : Relationship here means Relationship as a friend]

Shinji : I am going to meet Mana, but I am not going to end my relationship
with you, either.

Asuka : But you like me!

Shinji : I don't know what you're talking about!

Asuka : Baka! Pervert! Enemy of women!

Kaji : Hello, Kaji speaking.

Misato : Don't involve Shinji any more into this!

Kaji : I didn't do anything.

Misato : You're going to take him to her, aren't you?! Stop it, it's
dangerous! If the military gets involved with this, it'll get pretty bad. You
know this.

Kaji : I don't know what you're talking about. I'm hanging up.

Misato : I'll bash you on the side of your car

Kaji : You think I'm gonna let you do that?

Kaji : Any other time, you ignore me, but at times like this, you chse me...

Misato : What you do always pisses me off.

Kaji : It'll be over soon. Can't you just sit and watch for a while?

Misato : Kaji, you may like pretending to be a lone wolf, but don't force
Shinji to be like that.

Kaji : Katsuragi, if you're going to interrupt, please go back with Asuka.

Misato : I am a NERV personell. I'll take Shinji with me, too.

Kaji : Like this, everything will be my fault.

Misato : You're always like that. Selfish and being a loose cannon... You take
everything away from me like that. Give Shinji back! You can shoot me with
that gun.

Kaji : How about we go for a drink when we get back? There's an Italian
restraunt I know that give you lots of pasta.

Misato : Don't try to cover yourself up.

Kaji : It's almost time.

Asuka : Someone's coming this way.

Shinji : Mana.

Mana : Shinji, you're okay... I'm so relieved.

Shinji : Kaji-san.

Kaji : Hmm?

Shinji : Thank you.

Kaji : Yeah...

Shinji : Misato-san.

Misato : ...

Shinji : I'm sorry.

Misato :It's okay.

Mana : I'm sorry.

Misato : Enough with apologies. Go and enjoy the scenery or something. We
don't have much time.

Mana : Asuka.

Asuka : Long time no see.

Mana : I'll give Shinji back to you.

Asuka : You can take him with you if you want.

Shinji : Misato-san may have been the one most relieved by seeing you alive.

Mana : She feels like a nice person.

Shinji : She's always worried about me...

Mana : I feel responsible.

Shinji : That's not...

Mana : It's okay. Apologies isn't enough... This is something I have to pay
back. Kirishima Mina will cease to exsist from this world... I am getting a
new name, living in s a new house and attending a new school. In a faraway
city that nobody knows about.

Shinji : I really won't get to see you again.

Mana : I'll come visit some day...

Shinji : I'll be waiting for you.

                        THE END

And so, after failing a normal heterosexual relationship, Ikari Shinji turns
to homosexual love...  ^_^ (That's a joke, people)

Jya...

--
       ___           Sohryu Asuka Langley <asuka_langley at geocities.com>