[EVA] effects after second impact

Jason Hellwege glecjh at luff.latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 25 15:26:30 EST 1999

>> If japan is rendered seasonless, wouldn't that require an orbital
>> shift?
>
>Not necessarily.  If we just raise the average temperature enough, and spread
>a bit more water around to add some thermal mass, then the seasonal variation
>will be significantly reduced even in Japan (roughly 35 deg N).

Doesn't the Children's teacher mumble that the Earth's axis *did* shift?

Although it strikes me as bunkum, and I like your (Robert's) explanation a
lot better. If the axis shifted, I think that we'd have a lot more to worry
about than a rise in sea level and a couple of stray Tsunami.

 Jason Hellwege                            "One can never have too
 La Trobe University, Melbourne,            many giant robots.."
 Australia.  Jason.H at latrobe.edu.au