[EVA] Winglets and their purpose
nanashi96 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 13:01:27 EST 2000
>>Unless I am mistaken and if I am please correct me but nowhere and I do
mean nowhere in the series do they ever state specifically that they are
mere weapon caches.<<
1) Machinery mounted upon the back allows the entry plug to be inserted
through the spine.
2) In order for the pilot to have full control of the EVA, the entry plug
must interface with both organic and mechanical parts.
3) The Cable is attached directly below the entry plug as opposed elsewhere
on the body to prevent the hindering of the EVA's actions and the cutting
off of power due to damage to, say, the arm (if it was attached there). It's
presence is required to facilitate the function of the mechanical parts.
4) The bulk of the machinery on the back of the EVA is there to "bind" the
EVA. The brain of the EVA is deprived of the control of the body, as the
presence of the hole in the spine *theoretically* prevents brain signals
from reaching the body. The armor is there as a precaution, allowing limited
constraint. Armor is especially thick on the back.
5) Possibly, the Cable's electricity needs also to be present in order to
facilitate the entry plug's function as a surrogate brain. If this is so,
power is required not only to allow function of the mechanical parts, but
the organic parts as well.
6) Given the importance of this power source and it's positioning on the
EVA, any alternate power sources need to be in the vicinity of the plug.
Hence, the mounting of the external batteries on the winglets.
7) The exact location of the internal battery is unknown. It appears to be
in the back of the EVA as well.
More information about the oldeva