[EVA] Eva Manga Stage 74

Ebj ebj.nerv at flashnet.it
Mon Nov 6 15:51:49 EST 2006

> @@I think I see where you're coming from, but the kitten could just as
> easily have been freed to a "survival of the fittest" Darwinian theme.
> This IMO could have been sufficiently metaphorical for the angels v
> humankind theme.

It's not Darwinian. I don't think it's "the fittest" here, not even in a moral
way. It's more of a matter of duty, of responsibility. The cat does not
vehiculate the fact that Shinji has to accept responsibility and grow to accept
life.

> The TV-Kaworu did make it clear that it was angels or humans that
<snip>
> IMO.  Perhaps Wagner or Richard Strauss instead?

I'd rather not get into that kind of analogy. I've seen the pages, and I have to
say that through the visuals Sadamoto *does* convincingly convey the intent and
the feelings of each character. Kaworu is truly sincere, to the point of being
blunt. Shinji is increasingly aware of the way things work, bitter about it,
maybe, but determined to go on none the less.

                                                 |/
                                             /¯¯\|/¯¯\
 Ebj - ebj.nerv at flashnet.it          Jobs    |      |¯  the Mac
                                      is at  |   _  |_ with