[EVA] Eva Manga Stage 74

M bochan at r4.dion.ne.jp
Mon Nov 6 19:26:56 EST 2006

> Kaworu lacks imagination.  He could have, should have,
> realised that the kitten would forage hunt & probably
> survive as its instincts would sharpen.

The kitten had no parents.  It had no one to forage/hunt for it or to
show it how.  It's ribs were clearly showing and it was in an
advanced stage of starvation, indicating that it had -not- been able
to forage on its own.  And the area had been devastated and largely
reduced to abandoned ruins by the Rei/Eva-00 explosion.

"probably survive"?  I think not.
Left alone, the kitten would have been dead within a short while,
especially since as a weakened kitten it was on the bottom of the
food chain as easy prey rather than a forager/hunter.

This is exactly the kind of "nice lie" rationalization I was talking
about.

"M"