[EVA] Manga Stage 75

Tom Schmidt tv.schmidt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:30:26 EST 2006

On 11/28/06, Rachel K. Clark <rachel.k.clark at comcast.net> wrote:

> << Also, Sadamoto was more important to the anime storyline than most
> people are aware.  He was not just a character designer and
> occasional collaborator or sounding board.  Had it not been for
> Sadamoto, the anime as we know it would be completely different, and
> would not even have been named "Evangelion". >>
>
> Could you elaborate, please?
>
> --Reichu

I remember reading about Sadamoto's influence in the title "Neon Genesis
Evangelion."  I searched the internet for about half an hour but couldn't
find mention of it again.

I apologize in advance for the lack of evidence; it is possible to spark a
memory onto someone else, I suppose.

The story, as I recall, was that Anno wanted to call the series something
else (it didn't even have the word Evangelion in it).  Sadamoto insisted
upon the title as we know it today, and Anno eventually conceded.

Maybe someone else recalls reading this as well.  I don't know if it's true,
but I believe that is what that person was referencing.  I imagine after I
get home and go to sleep, I'll succumb to something akin to an esprit de
l'escalier.

--
Unreal City,
Under the brown fog of a winter dawn,