[EVA] Did Shinji rape unconscious Asuka?

Carl Gustav Horn once at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 28 16:10:21 EST 2007

On Jan 28, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Sailor Star Dust wrote:

> I agree with what Carl wrote. From what I understand,  the scene was
> supposedly a commentary to the otaku who think Asuka, Rei, Misato
> and the
> like are only sex-objects and who use them as fap fuel.

I wanted to add the emphasis that I don't think Anno excepts himself
from the commentary. After all, he is also an otaku, and approved the
look of the series and its characters. I think it's just something he
wanted to acknowledge, the same way he acknowledges at various points
that this is an anime, and people are watching this anime. There's a
scene in LOVE & POP with an actor dressing as Anno famously did, that
is resonant with the masturbation scene in THE END OF EVANGELION, I
think.

--C.