[EVA] Evangelion 1.0 German release

R_J_N r_j_n at btopenworld.com
Sat Oct 25 06:55:02 EDT 2008

Following my previous post, I have now received my copy.

Instead of Rei &/or Shinji, both sides of the steelcase have different
pictures of 01. The front has the sunset over Tokyo bay pic, & back 01 among
tall factory chimneys.

The German DVD is released by Sony BMG Music Entertainment. Special footage
of Angel of Doom, Rebuild of Evangelion are included as extras, as is the
Japanese trailer. DVD is 16:9 anamorphic.

This German site has technical info & some shots
http://www.sos-brigade.de/wordpress/?p=583 comparing the Japanese DVD &
German PQ.  Japanese wins, marginally.

AFA the German dub, I felt it was as atmospheric as the Japanese dialogue,
although Rei (voiced by Samia Little Elk) sounds too old/deep compared to
Megumi Hayashibara.
RJN