[EVA] The soul in Eva 00 belonged to Rei's miscarried child.

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:40:55 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Evirus Aevrus <evirus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rei I's soul. It went onto the Eva after Naoko strangled her. This is why
>> Eva 00 was trying to kill Ritsuko.
>
> Didn't Rei I, II, and III consecutively carry Lilith's soul? If each
> Rei can have a unique soul, then what about the stockpile of naked
> Reis swimming in the the Nerv Bacta Tank/Gendo's aquarium?

Maybe souls can be fragmented. This seems pretty reasonable to me,
given the Magi quasi-have Naoko in 3 parts, and Rei seems to split her
soul with Lilith (both 'do' stuff, like Quantum Rei). Then there's
Adam/Kaworu, and Kyoko, who was alive and doing stuff (like killing
herself) even though her soul was supposed to have been sucked into
Eva-02.

--
gwern