[EVA] Gender analysis in the series, vis a vis Asuka and Misato [Critique]

EB marestes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:44:12 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM, V V <frumious99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Because you see, people need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy,
> and I can't do that as a man. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be
> ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol … as a symbol, I can be
> incorruptible. I can be everlasting.

I wonder if the sum of your actions are simply quotes from "masqued
avengers" who seem to be more akin to schizophrenic drama queens than actual
revolutionaries, justice seekers or vigilantes.

The last paragraph is, perhaps what you really wish to attain, but haven't
gotten so far; You are not a symbol, V, you are simply another fan in a sea
of fan; you are not incorruptible because no one is seeking to subvert you,
you are not everlasting because this are not books of lore like your beloved
Tolkien writes.

You're just a fan; and not really a very bright fan at that.