[EVA] Moura interviews with Gainax people & others

Aaron Clark aaronc1 at umbc.edu
Tue Dec 15 00:20:22 EST 2009

> ...I am openly surprised, at times, how you consider "long messageboard
> posts" to be "essays", on par with "professionally formatted journal
> articles"

From:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essay

"An essay is usually a short piece of writing which is often written from
an author's personal point of view."

From:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/essay

"an analytic or interpretative literary composition usually dealing with
its subject from a limited or personal point of view"

From:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/essay

"a short literary composition on a particular theme or subject, usually in
prose and generally analytic, speculative, or interpretative."

> 4- we'll gather all fan essays....so that we might discredit them
> thoroughly, instead of simply hurling insults at them.  I.e. gather
> everything Napier wrote about the series, in order to write a balanced,
> professional refutation of it.

V, you are a fan.  You are not sanctioned by Gainax.  You are not paid by
Gainax.  You are not authorized by Gainax in any way, shape, or form to
speak authoritatively by Gainax.  You are a fan like everyone else here,
with the exception of maybe Carl Horn, who actually works in the industry.

You have written many things from your oen personal point of view, that by
definition are essays, regardless of whether you consider them polished
pieces of work that you would label an "essay", you have in fact written
essays as a fan about Evangelion.

You have stated that you intend to discredit all fan essays.  If you can
be trusted as a man of your word, and truly believe in your revolution,
you won't stop short of your own work, and will discredit yourself as
well.

--Aaron