[EVA] Moura interviews with Gainax people & others

Aaron Clark aaronc1 at umbc.edu
Thu Dec 17 15:29:05 EST 2009

> But you should have. By EoE, you had already seen Yui's "grave" in a
> massive and visually-striking field of similar cenotaphs

I recall the gravemarkers in EoE being round posts while the gravemarkers
in the series episode were flat monoliths with rounded tops.

But the point we are both making (I assume) is that simple intuition would
dictate that the markers were gravemarkers.  It's a fairly prevalent
cultural construct that anyone can pick up on without familiarity with
Japanese culture in particular.

--Aaron