[EVA] Religion and Gainax was RE: [EVA] Moura interviews

V V frumious99 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 01:39:36 EST 2009

The "we watched it dubbed on TV, in order, never skipping an episode" 'crowd' have a better grasp of the series than that "watched poorly fansubbed VHS tapes and often skipped episodes because we couldn't find the tape" original late 1990's crowd, which defined "Eva fandom" - you inherited their mistakes, we all did.

At the most, what you've been able to point out are things on the level of that "the Lance of Longinus pierced Jesus' side, so in Eva, it pierces the side of a giant godlike alien"

Some of the names match up in a kind of clever way

But we have large numbers of people who don't understand *basic facts about the series* and were met with high-end, often opinion-based, theorization.

*If you want me to thoroughly discredit Taliesin Jaffe, I was already planning on doing that*

One of the stated goals of the ReVolution is to point out just how much of a wacky job he was doing, and "FUNimation bases its knowledge of Eva on what Jaffe tells them" is our nightmare-scenario.

Last month I was "lone crazy guy", this month I'm "king of the morons who watched off adult swim and will never amount to anything?"

Well, that's a step up in the world...grudging admission....

Not that much thought really went into the "religion" stuff on the show, it's a veneer

A consistent, inter-related veneer, but it wasn't really what the show was "about"

If you hate the English dubbers like Grant or Spencer so much....why don't you tell them what you've send online before, about your thoughts on English dubs?

"I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name,
but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"