[EVA] Rebuild 2.0 voice-acting

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 22:23:43 EDT 2010

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/07/07/ogata-megumi-on-evangelion-voice-acting/

'Excerpt from Interview between Ogata Megumi (Shinji in Eva) and
Nakata Atsuhiko (Oriental Radio) from Continue Vol. 46.'

'Ogata: And then [Anno] he said two things to me which made me really
happy. The first was “Thank you, for keeping the character’s feelings
unchanged even after 13 years”'

(The masturbation bit is quite funny.)

I find that quote interesting since reading on the forums, I see quite
a few people commenting on how Shinji is different from EoTV, and not
a few condemning the new Shinji. It would seem Anno disagrees; but
Anno is not unchanged himself, and we've long thought Shinji draws on
Anno.

--
gwern