[EVA] Evangelion is not "endlessly re-interpretable"

Brian Schlitt bschlitt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:49:30 EDT 2010

My understanding (as I eventually said in the threads SSD linked) is that
Yamaga was defending 26 as the original intention vs. 26', not saying that
EoTV as a whole was exactly as planned.  This interpretation allows his
statements to be correct though unclear, corroborates with statements in the
RCB, and means that the ending of EVA has intentional parallels to the
endings of both Gunbuster ('lesser' visuals chosen intentionally for
artistic purpose) and Nadia (production issues forced Anno to focus on the
final episode[s] while cutting corners on the preceding one[s]).