[EVA] Extra Curricular Lesson with Hideaki Anno

Aaron Clark aaronc1 at umbc.edu
Sat Oct 16 18:46:05 EDT 2010

The ANN article had it wrong.  Anno's visitation to the school was
September 13th, 1999.  You can very easily date it from two pieces of
information.  First of all, the day and month can clearly be seen on the
chalkboard in the room, and more importantly, a fairly fresh cut can be
seen on his forehead from where he fell down that escalator on August 27,
1999.

I don't know where they got 1997 from, I think because in the Gainax
visitation footage, there is a cel being painted that looks like Kare
Kano.  Who knows when that bit was shot, or if it was a reproduction cell.
 I don't know how those things work.

--Aaron