[EVA] Concurrency tangent (WAS: Alternate Rei on DVD cover) (critique on V, again)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:53:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM, V V <frumious99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...I didn't post that on ALS.  I don't know who did.  Moot point given that I briefly had it up on youtube for a while but then quickly took it down (managing to show it to a few hundred people in the process).
>
> Nonetheless I ponder why a site devoted to freely sharing everything, would feel the need to take down an informative interview.

Thinking about this, I feel I should come clean. I had asked V for a
copy of the interview, and since he didn't really have hosting, he put
it up on a filesharing site for me. I thought I might as well spread
it a little bit on Reddit and whereever else.

I had gotten the impression that EGF had decided filesharing
activities would be done off the site on 'that board' and after
finding the address (thanks SSD), posted it there. V warned me that it
would be removed even on 'that board' because the powers that be were
jealous about their copy of the interview, and indeed, it was. To
check that it wasn't an error (me having a low opinion of the software
quality of imageboards), I posted it twice or thrice.

Nope, it was removed all those times. An educational experience, I
told V and asked him not to name names.

Hopefully now that the blessed version of the interview has been
released (http://www.evageeks.org/2010/10/extra-curricular-lesson-with-hideaki-anno/),
there are no hard feelings about the matter.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net