[EVA] Few things

Kaoru Nagisa kaoru_nagisa at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 01:37:41 EDT 1998

> "Kaoru Nagisa" Wrote:
>
>>Well...'Iron Maiden' ( correct translation )
>
>'Fraid not.  Ignoring the fact that "Girlfriend of Steel" is Gainax's
>official English title for the game, you can see the original Japanese
>title at Gainax's web site at:
>
>http://www.gainax.co.jp/akiba/koutetsu/koutetsu.html
>
>You can see the title of the game at the top of the page and on the
covers
>of the Playstation and Saturn version boxes.
>
>The first word is composed of two kanji.  Those kanji are read as
>"koutetsu," which is indeed "steel."  "Iron" would be "tetsu,"
consisting
>of only the second kanji in "koutetsu."  The next word is the
possessive
>particle "no," as written in hiragana.  In this case, it does indeed
>translate to "of."  The final word is written in katakana.  It is
>"gaarufurendo."  I hope you can recognize that this is indeed the
English
>word, "girlfriend."  So, yes, the title does actually translate to
>"Girlfriend of Steel."
>
>Many thanks to my sister for this effort.

okay..that is true...but Gainax isn't a company that made the
Japanese-English/English-Japanese dictionary...
and plus..Koutetsu no Girlfriendo was supposed to be only released in
Japan..but because of the ammount of demand..well..u know...
okay...
'Koutetsu no Girlfriendo' is the japanese title...
direct translation = Steel's Girlfriend
better translation = Girlfriend of Steel
proper translation with a few kinks to make it sound like what they
(Gainax) wanted it to mean in English with all our slangs and special
phrases = 'Iron Maiden'

this is so because i have a few japanese frens and one of them is my
mom...so..i hope u did get the picture....
If u a intermediate at Japanese or English...u would get Girlfriend of
Steel...if u r a whack out pro..then u SHOULD get "Iron Maiden"...
i hope that clears it up...
if u say i'm wrong..then i have no idea why the japanese make a game
that they don't even know what their game's name meaning is...
i confirmed with the japs in my skool...say 'Iron Maiden' to them..they
understand EXACTLY what it means....

so please...not EVERYTHING i say is wrong....

Kaoru Nagisa ^_^
ICQ# 12016700
** http://Fast.to/NERV/ **