[EVA] Pilots (Spoilers) & more

Micah Potasnik potas at i-55.com
Sun May 17 02:09:18 EDT 1998

katie pilchowski wrote:

> My goodness...I've only seen the Eva episodes that have been released in
> the US, and somehow in all my perusal of the FAQs and English web pages
> on the Internet, I somehow missed the crucial fact that the "soul" issue
> is resolved in the as-of-yet-unreleased movies.  I think I have to
> apologize for sounding dumb...

No problem. Misinformation regarding Eva is a rampant plauge on the
Internet.

> Well, now that I know...it seems so sad that the interface between human
> and Eva comes at such a high cost,

*nod*

both to the pilot and his or her
> mother.

That depends on wether or not it's voluntary.

Of course, I like the way this series explores pain and
> loneliness (or I wouldn't have dropped over $200 on videos *smile*).
> But this is too much...I need to process this.  I'm not really sure what
> it means for Rei (who is the "soul" in Unit 00?)

Using good old elimination, plus a statement from Ritsuko(if you really,
really want me too I go and find it, but it's 1:00 am and I *really*
don't feel up to it) after Eva-00 went bonkers once, the majority(I
think) lean toward Ritsuko's mom being in Eva-00.  For the Record:

Fact:

Eva-01:  Yui Ikari
Eva-02:  Asuka's Mom(I forget her name, Kyoto, I think.)
Eva05-13:  No souls, Kaworu Dummy Plugs

Debatable:

Eva-00:  Ritsuko's Mom(My opinion, of cource.  Her name is Naoko, I
think.)
Eva-03:  Touji's Sister(majority belief I think)

, but it clearly changes
> how I interpret Asuka's interface with Unit 02.  I think it makes me
> like her more, if that makes sense.

Put's her into perspective, certainly.

> Of course, lest you think that I am taking this _too_ much to heart, I
> do realize that it's "only" a TV show

This is Evangelion.  It isn't just "only" anything.

-Micah D. Potasnik                             potas at i-55.com
-http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/6195/

-Humble Defender of the God of Evangelion, Shinji Ikari
-Follower of the Goddesses of Evangelion and NERV, Rei Ayanami,
Asuka Langley Sohryu, Misato Katsuragi, Ritsuko Akagi, and Maya Ibuki.

"The quiet ones are the ones that change the Universe, Luc Deradi.
The loud ones only take the credit."
-Londo Mollari from "In the Beginning".

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"
-JMS

"Did you know that Babylon 5 comes on in 37 minutes?"
"You know, I've officially got the highest IQ on the planet and I
still don't understand that show."
-Renata and Donovan, from X-O Manowar #17

"To Mess with people's minds is natural.  To really screw their
minds over... Well, that requires JMS or Anno Hideaki..."