[EVA] Question about Eva ending (SPOILER)

jiaming jiaming at pacific.net.sg
Mon May 25 15:42:03 EDT 1998

>## Wait, the wounds of Touji (who piloted 03) could have been caused by
>## EVA-01's squeezing and breaking the entry plug. We don't know whether
>## the entry plug of EVA-02 was broken in EOE.

You're right. We'll never know.

>## By the reasoning above, I don't think a really long time had passed
>## between 02's destruction and the last scene.
>## And IMHO, what is hard to believe is not the possibilty Asuka only
>## sustained light injuries in 02's destruction, but is the fact that
>## Asuka was bandaged. It does not seem that Asuka could have access to
>## the bandages and bandaged herself on her own. And the way she was
>## bandaged looked so suspiciously like Rei. This uncanny similarity
>## has given birth to MANY interpretations... The only thing I could say
>## here is that Gainax/Anno deliberately made them look similar. As for
>## what they want to tell or symbolize with such arrangement, I am not
>## really sure.

The bandages are the hardest to believe all right. If miraculous
resurrection was involed, they could at least heal her fully!!! If she did
it on her own ... I don't think she could anyway.

>## I see. But since you said that you read "synopsis and scripts", I thought
>## you have read a EOE script translation.

Oops. Bad choice of words. Terribly Sorry.

>## And then there is a (slightly comical) theory that Asuka finds Shinji
>## crying on top of her and shedding tears on her face really "disgusting"
>## When I first read that theory, I don't really take it seriously, but
>## lately I start to think that this is in fact quite plausible.

Hah. I'd believe this theory. It's just like Asuka.

>## Nowhere was it said that they are indeed the last two people. However,
>## there is no strong evidence to think otherwise. The Third Impact,
>## as shown in the movie, covered the whole Earth (the whole Earth was
>## covered by red crosses). And we see that even a strong-willed person like
>## Gendou could not escape from the fate of being turned into LCL. So
>## IMO, all human were gone.

You don't buy that those in an Eva Unit's AT-Field escape HCP theory??? It
sounded original though a bit .... unusual??? Can't find the right word for it.

BTW, does AT-Field stand for 'Absolute Terror Field'?? Like in the Opening
Animation.

jiaming at pacific.net.sg