[EVA] [no real Spoilers] Lance of Longinus

Ryan Tyrrell rtyrrell at i-cafe.net
Wed May 27 18:11:13 EDT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Oska Archer or 'Kon' <archer at senet.com.au>
To: evangelion at evangelion.ml.org <evangelion at evangelion.ml.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 1998 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: [EVA] [no real Spoilers] Lance of Longinus

>I saw eps. 21-2 in Japan before I saw the ADV subs. I gotta say I was kind
>of sad at how, for want of a better term, crappy the scenes which got
>updated are. And another thing - if you've seen the updated ep. 21, you'd
>be pretty sure that Kaji has slept with Asuka...
>

>Oska Archer Operative of the Adelaide Japanese Animation Society

Wha..? I have that newer tape, and while I can't understand the dialog
of that scene(and do not have a translation for it) I didn't get that
interpretation of it. To me, it seemed that Asuka was trying to show Kaji
that she was woman by ripping her bodice open. Kaji didn't look too impressed,
because she is just a child. It was an embarassing moment, one that the
angel later dredges up as one of her painful memories.

-Ryan
rtyrrell at i-cafe.net