R: [EVA] question, JA episode

Ebj e.barone at flashnet.it
Fri Apr 2 16:22:43 EST 1999

>Actually, it is quite possible for Eva-01 to skid backwards in that episode.

<snip>
>Also, the Eva, is launched horizontally.  The camera also shows that the Eva
>is in fact moving backwards while still in a horizontal position.
<snip>
>I hope this helps in answering the question.

Well, it helps to decide that we don't know for sure. I mean, we know nothing
about actual air resistance in the place and time, about Eva aerodynamics, about
actual speed of the YB-49, and much more. Therefore we can't be sure. My idea is
still that average audience didn't have the physics basics to interpret this,
either, so it was just done for the sake of coolness.

                               Emanuele
                               Barone
-<>   e.barone at flashnet.it - immano at usa.net - immano at hotmail.com <>-
  -<>     Visit MacStep at http://members.xoom.com/macstep     <>-
    -<>      News - Tips - Suggestions - Ideas exchange      <>-
                          "Jobs is at Apple,
                      all's right with the Mac"