R: [EVA] question, JA episode

Ebj e.barone at flashnet.it
Fri Apr 2 18:56:08 EST 1999

>I'm going to go with the idea that the slide back was just for dramatic
>effect. though while we're attacking physics, has any one ever thought about
>how much thrust it would take to get a airplane carting an Eva to take off?
>I am clueless as to what form of thrust they would use, or what type of
>propellant.

They use, aside of the plane's own engines, some solid fuel boosters attached
under the wings for the take off and then they discard them. Apparently, there
were some in the whereabouts of Old Tokyo, or else how did they manage to land
and take off again (not to mention _where_ did they land, how did they re-fuel
the plane, etc...).