[EVA] Regarding AT Field (EOE spoiler)

Johnfav at aol.com Johnfav at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 20:52:11 EDT 1999

Regarding the recent "white heat" discussion on whether Shinji did/didn't
lose his AT- Field during HCP in EOE, I came up with an idea that, isn't
Shinji can be the exceptional one, since he is on board of Eva-01?

OK, just make this clear. I strongly believe that Shinji is just an ordinary
human being as the others, therefore, he is not anything "special".

But since Eva-01 was built, partly or mainly to fulfill the prophecy in DSS,
Eva-01 took up the role of "Noah's Ark" in the "flooding" of the sea of LCL.
So the point is, to those whoever inside Eva-01 at that time, whether he will
lost his/her AT field during HCP, is quite controversial. I am not gonna to
refer the bible, but you got the idea that, the ark is very much meant to be
safe beyond the flood towards a new world (Evolution?)

Also, based on the fact that Yui's soul was inside Eva-01, very likely, she
could protect her son:- Shinji, from losing AT- Field whatsoever from the
AT-Field she can generate.  I mean, even Rei/Lilith did not (can not) get
Shinji out from Eva-01, as the whole Eva-01 go inside Lilith instead. So,
only spiritually, Lilith can in touch with Shinji, but physically......this
will remains open for discussion.

Shinji was chosen by Rei/Lilith/Destiny to make decisions for mankind, maybe,
only maybe, no matter whoever on board on Eva-01, will have this chance
granted. So only this time, just happen to be that good old lucky Shinji!

To conclude my thoughts, perhaps Eva-01 is the key factor, and really
essential to introduce into the discussion on "Does Eva-01 pilot lose the AT
Field or not during HCP" issue.

I know my idea is not strongly supported, do excuse me, maybe I will comes up
with a counter theory to this, after some deep and serious second thoughts,
only tonite, I was a bit nagged...^_^;;

My last word, I am not side for anyone's theory here, I just brought up the
possibility that, there is room for argument perhaps before reaching the
definite answer.

Adam II