R: [EVA] help for eva-ignorant

Ebj e.barone at flashnet.it
Wed Apr 21 00:35:16 EDT 1999

> but still, could first
>impact be related to as a punishment of man in the past? destruction of
past
>civilizations for trying the same sort of things that Nerv and Seele were
>trying? If so, this could be how the process came to be known and then
>recorded in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Although they are called angels, the ones in Eva aren't "angels". There is
no such thing as a "war against God" or similar, so any theological
speculation should be kept in the form of parallels, or inspiration. In
other words, none of the Impacts is a punishment because nobody does punish
nobody. For what we know of 2nd Impact, it was all humans' fault. The First
one doesn't even matter in the plot, so it is left to interpretation (one
that doesn't clash with things that are obvious in Eva).

Emanuele Barone - NewsWriter and H&S TroubleShooter for
              <>--  MacStep - The Mac fan club at  --<>
            <>---  http://members.xoom.com/macstep  ---<>
              <>--  about to do the quantum leap.   --<>
             "Jobs is at Apple, all's right with the Mac"