[EVA] Newbie Questions

Jesse Smith jdsmith at shell.servtech.com
Wed Feb 17 17:42:56 EST 1999

Very minor spoilers for EoE...

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:20:01 EST, IanMM at aol.com said:

> 1.  What exactly is an AT Field? (One can only learn so much following the
> discussions here.)

Watch episode 24 and the End of Evangelion.

> 4.  How much of the secrets in NERV does Maya know?  She seems pretty well
> informed throughout the series.

She knows a lot about the technical side of things, but I don't think
she knows any of the "secrets".  I would say the only people who know
those are Gendo, Fuyutsuki, and Ritsuko (and she doesn't know them
all).

On the other hand, now that I think about it, the techs did seem to
know a lot about what was going on during EoE, so maybe they knew more
about NERV's goals than one might think.

> 5.  Where can I find reliable translations of the Death & Rebirth and EoE
> movies?

EoE: http://whistler.cs.ucla.edu/~yasuyuki/www/eva/

Rebirth is just the first half hour of EoE, so that's a moot point.
Death is *mostly* scenes from the TV show (but often times dialogue
from one scene is played over another scene), so the Literal
Translation Project scripts at
http://www1.nisiq.net/~onizuka/literal/evangelion.html might help.
There are a few new scenes and some changed bits of dialogue, though.

> 6.  (Kind of a poll) What is everyone on this group's favorite Angel, if you
> have one?  My favorite is Leriel.

Kaworu, Sachiel, and Zeruel, in that order, probably.

--
Jesse Smith
jdsmith at servtech.com
http://www.servtech.com/~jdsmith/