[EVA] biblical figures

Seventh Messenger nanashi96 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:15:23 EST 1999

>>I don't know if the grim reaper is biblical figure; I've supposed that
the fifth Eva was a grim reaper because it's armed with a lance, and
when it fly its wings are like the mantle of the reaper.<<

The Grim Reaper is a more a symbolic figure than a biblical one, but if
you're asking whether or not he's in the bible, the answer is yes. The
point about the Reaper being armed with a lance, however is definitely
wrong. The Reaper is "armed" with a scythe, the thing farmers used to
cut grass in the old days. And the point about the wings: The MP EVAs
had wings too. What's your point? The symbolism between the fifth EVA
and the Reaper does not exist, because there is no point to be made.
(Unless you have other evidence to back it up.)

>>Unit 01's SS Engine was refered to as a forbidden fruit because it
allowed the Eva to reach its ultimate form<<

If that's ultimate, what was Lilith? I mean, the limit to these beings
isn't the sky. For example, the ultimate form of the shadow angel might
be mock black hole. The virus might have been able to control all the
Magi at once. The "ultimate" form of the EVA might be the Tree of Life,
and that can't exist unless the third impact occurs. Do you want to draw
a comparison between the third impact and the forbidden fruit? You
could, you know, but I don't think there is one.

SeventhOne