[EVA] Reaction from Fans in Australia

Oska Archer archer at senet.com.au
Wed Jan 13 10:56:55 EST 1999

At 10:32 AM 12/01/99 PST, you wrote:

>The sun must be getting to them--y'know, with Australia all tucked away in
>the corner down there...

Australia has about the same land area as the United States, y'know. And
yes, the sun does get to us - but you don't hear US complaining.

>Anyways, they are fairly learned, but still somewhat naive.

Where are you from, so I can bash your country?

Or are you somehow refering to those who are now watching Eva on TV here? I
expect we'll find the same level of ignorance from the bulk of the
Australian audience that we would find anywhere (except, maybe Japan, since
they get the info straight from the horse's mouth).

>I have a question--I heard that Madman Entertainment owns the rights for the
>dub there--is the dub the same as the American ADV voices or new, Australian
>ones? (I haven't been on this ML very long)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That would be so funny!
Madman has got ADV's version, both dubbed and subbed (the latter being more
expensive of course the f***** **** ** ******* ******s). So yes, we have to
endure the pathetic whining dub voices (IMHO). I hardly think any company
here could do any better though.

Oska Archer, an Operative of the Adelaide Japanese Animation Society
http://www.senet.com.au/~archer	:
	    Karma, The Three Colours, Daughter of Elysium
	- I wear black socks. Rei is my Angel. I follow her. -
 "Ii nja nai no, waaa-KAI ndakara!" - Misato, Eva Addition Drama ^_^
    - brought to you by the Instrumentality of Sigfiles Project -