[EVA] Fanservice?

Jerico Mele jmele at brandeis.edu
Sat Oct 16 03:59:04 EDT 1999

<The audience I first saw EoE with clapped and cheered throughout the
entire MP Eva battle. So yes, I consider that cut as fanservice.>

Same thing happened when I saw it at a con. Unfortunately, I had seen it
once before and knew what was going to happen. I can remember thinking:
"Just wait two minutes," though I admit that I wanted to cheer along. I
think people wanted to have it end in a battle like that, with one of
the 'good guys' finally doing the right thing. Anno certainly likes to
play with cliches, doesn't he?

Jerico