[EVA] Evangelion Unit 04

Iris Irine irine at crosswinds.net
Tue Oct 19 20:33:58 EDT 1999

Shinji001 at aol.com wrote:

> then why are there LICENSED action figures out for it???

... Because Gainax had an official design for the unit (Which differs a
little from the action figures... The original was white). I assume that
they meant to use it, but never got around to it.

Christopher Michael Bourke wrote:

> Besides, I think its a cool figure, all chromey and evil.  It has the same
> body as the rest of the evas, and it has Unit 02's head, just a different
> color, and slightly different top.

...Unit 02's head? . . . Unless they changed it SIGNIFICANTLY since I
have last seen them...

The unit 04 looks identical to Eva-03. The only exception being the
color. In the said action figure, it is silver/chrome (which I
personally think was a bad move) In the original color illustration, it
was white (similiar coloring to MP units). Why they changed it to that
silvery color, I have no idea. Maybe it had something to do with
production cost or something.

Jya...