[EVA] Rei's Origins (repost)

MMKokusaiYK bochan at fuji.ne.jp
Tue Aug 28 00:41:29 EDT 2001

> And perhaps the Manhattan Project too ... Project E seems to be a very,
> very need-to-know sort of thing.  I suspect few of the apparently large
> number of people NERV employed had any idea what was going on, save that
> it was "for the good of mankind" or somesuch.

The same might be said (tounge in cheek) for Project Eva as well...
The overall plot of Project Eva seems to be a very, very need-to-know sort of
thing.  I suspect few of the apparently large number of staff Gainax employed
had any idea what was going on, save that it was "for the good of Gainax/Anno"
or somesuch.

I believe some Gainax staff said that they would sit around and brainstorm, and
then Anno would have the final say -- and more often than not what Anno said had
little to do with the ideas that everyone had been throwing around.

I still believe that Anno had everything more or less worked out -- he just
wasn't telling anyone.

Bochan_bird